When you picture yourself walking down the aisle do you see a shimmering, turquoise sea in the background? Perhaps you envision taking your vows upon the rooftop of an Italian villa with nothing but olive groves all around you. If you imagine your wedding in the most picturesque of locations, then a Destination Wedding may be just what you’re looking for.
Simply put, a Destination Wedding is a wedding that takes place away from home. Most Destination Weddings take place in romantic, exotic locales that serve to enhance the special nature of the ceremony. Often these ceremonies can cost considerably less than a traditional wedding and can be far less stressful than planning a closer-to-home wedding.
With expert guidance from Honeymoons are Forever, you can often have the wedding you’ve always dreamed of without the headaches and hassle of doing it all yourself.
Are you a candidate for a Destination Wedding? This option may be perfect for you if:
- • You are busy with your work, school or other life events that necessitate stress-free planning
- • You want to combine your wedding and your honeymoon into one incredible experience
- • You are comfortable with letting others take some of the planning and decision making off of your shoulders
- • You have guests who are scattered around the country or the globe. They will have to travel to the wedding regardless of the destination. Why not have them travel to Italy instead of Iowa?
- • You want to have a “non-traditional” wedding experience. Why not have your wedding on top of a castle, in a vineyard or on a windswept beach?
If a Destination Wedding sounds appealing please consider the following:
Consider the time of year of travel. If you want to get married at Christmas in Hawaii, realize that not everyone on your guest list may be able to attend. Others may have obligations during certain times of the year, such as holidays and school breaks. In addition, if older family members are not able to travel, would their absence be acceptable to you?
Will you be able to sacrifice some certainties with the wedding planning? If tasting every item on the menu or hand-picking your photographer is important to you, you may want to reconsider a Destination Wedding. These details are often not possible depending on the location and options available.
How much time will you have to travel? If you have your heart set on Fiji, yet can only get away for a long weekend, this may not be the most feasible choice.
What are the legal requirements of your chosen destination? Will you have to fly in a few days ahead of time to meet residency requirements? Many destinations have legal regulations that may prohibit a Destination Wedding.
What is your budget? Most Destination Weddings do cost considerably less than the US average of $20,398 spent by wedding couples. However, certain destinations are more expensive than others. If you have a smaller budget, you may want to consider a wedding aboard a cruise ship or in Las Vegas rather than in Tuscany or the Seychelles.
Contact us to discuss your plans with our initial, free consultation. We will go over the entire Destination Wedding process and discuss the many options available to you. We offer many Destination Wedding services that meet the needs of busy couples such as:
• Dedicated professionals available to you 24 hours a day via your own wedding’s 800 number.
• Wedding websites that you and your clients can access for travel information and booking procedures
• Welcome baskets for your guests tailored to your wedding theme
• Assistance with legal requirements for you and your guests
• Referrals for wedding professionals such as photographers, hair and makeup, the officiant, musicians, transportation, caterers, florists, etc…
• On-site assistance leaving you free to relax and enjoy your special day
• Associated functions such as rehearsal dinners, group excursions, bachelorette outings, etc..
• Seamless honeymoon planning to continue your special day…